It is a legal requirement that food businesses produce food that is safe to eat and will not cause harm, illness or injury to their customers! Our accredited Level 2 Award in Food Safety qualification is specifically tailored towards general staff who handle high risk or open food in catering, retail or food manufacturing operations.
- High-quality classroom based food safety training, superior to online training
- Highly qualified and experienced trainers who understand the food industry
- All course materials provided
- Accredited certification valid for three years
This course will give your staff a better understanding of the role they can play in keeping food safe.
Course content includes :
- Understanding common food safety hazards, with particular emphasis on microbiological hazards
- Basic microbiology, understanding spores and toxins
- Food Poisoning and Food Borne disease
- Understanding a HACCP based food safety management system
- Personal Hygiene
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Premises and Equipment
- Pest Control and prevention
- The role and powers of the EHO, inspections and food hygiene ratings